Sunday, February 07, 2010

Dear John

Dear John (PG-13)
I was dying to go see Dear John as soon as I saw the previews for it. Unfortunately I love those type of mushy movies and I firmly believe my love life will resemble one of a movie. :) I went to see it Friday night, the night of its premiere and OMG was that theater packed!!!
I am disappointed to say that the movie was not what I was expecting. I was obviously expecting a soppy love story but not one that I have seen before over and over again. Yes, love stories are usually the same but you can put a little spin to it to make it interesting.
My friend Maria had the perfect description: "Nicholas Sparks uses the same formula in all his movies. Two people fall madly in love in an insanely short amount of time, they separate because one gets engaged, they find each other again and end up happily ever after."
This is exactly what happens in Dear John and they use the cliche army man to make it even more predictable. I have to admit that I did cry but it was only because I strongly related to a specific scene with John's dad *SPOILER* when he suffers from a stroke.
Good things? Channing Tatum is a TOTAL HOTTIE, my oh my, could I stare at that guy for hours. I wish a guy could "maneuver" me the way he did with Amanda. ;) Amanda Seyfried was cute, she really played the part. Both did, they made a cute couple.
So, if you are expecting and extremely predictable love story this is the perfect one, if not, I would wait until it hit RedBox and rent it with your guy for a romantic movie night!
-Pau
xOxOx

No comments:

Post a Comment